Malayan Towage and Salvage
Corporation (MTSC) was established in 1974 to provide Philippine and
International customers with world-class integrated maritime solutions. MTSC presently
owns and operates eighteen (18) multi-tasked tugs ranging from 2,400-5,000BHP;
including one (1) 1,900DWT deck barge with a bow ramp.
MTSC is recognized as the preeminent Philippine service provider of harbour tug
assistance; marine salvage and wreck removal; coastal and inter-island towage; oil
spill and pollution response; and 24/7 marine emergency response in the
Philippine territorial waters.
SALVTUG’s sister company, Asia–Pacific Chartering Philippines Incorporated (APC), operates independently under the umbrella of the SALVTUG Group of Companies, providing each company integrated support and value added service.
APC was established in 1974, as a market leader in husbanding, brokerage and chartering services. APC’s agents provide customers vertically integrated agency management expertise and are deployed throughout the major Philippine ports. Brokerage and chartering services are centralized in APC’s Manila office, sourcing vessels and marine units of all types for, but not limited to, the construction industry, grain and ore importers and exporters and the maritime sector. APC also manages a lay-up facility at Malalag Bay in the Southern Philippines. Renowned for its natural protective landscape that shields laid-up vessels from marine disturbances, Malalag Bay accommodates competitively priced hot and cold lay-up packages.
“ JOVO’s LNG ship-to-ship transfer in Subic Bay is a landmark operation for both JOVO and the Philippine energy and maritime sectors. An operation of this scale is unprecedented in the region and we rely on partner companies like Asia Pacific Chartering, who has the local knowledge, to help make this operation a success. We continue to use APC as our sole shipping agent in the Philippines."
- Yuan Lu, General Manager, LNG Intl. Business, JOVO Group
MALAYAN TOWAGE AND SALVAGE CORPORATION recognizes that the disciplines of quality, health and safety and environmental management are an integral part of its management function. The organization views these as a primary responsibility and to be the key to good business in adopting appropriate quality standards.
The organization quality policy calls for continuous improvement in its quality management activities and business will be conducted according to the following principles:
- Comply with all applicable laws and regulations
- Follow a concept of continuous improvement and make best use of our management resources in all quality matters
- Communicate our quality objectives and performance against these objectives throughout the company and to interested parties.
- Take due care to ensure that activities are safe for employees, associates and subcontractors and others who come into contact with our work
- Work closely with our customers and suppliers to establish the highest quality standards.
- Adopt a forward-looking view on future business decisions, which may have an impact on Quality.
It is also our aim that, with the total involvement and understanding of all staff through the implementation of a documented quality management and information system, meeting the ISO 9001:2008 Standard, we will exceed the expectations of our customers and staff.
CREDENTIALS – SALVTUG has the required accreditation, permits, and membership to respond and deliver a broad range of marine services.
International Salvage Union - Full member
Duly Accredited SALVOR and OIL SPILL RESPONSE ORGANIZATION by the Philippine Coast Guard (PCG)
Permit to Operate on all major Philippine Ports
ISO 9001:2008 QUALITY MANAGEMENT SYSTEMS – focused to meet customer expectations and enhance client satisfaction
SAFETY MANAGEMENT SYSTEM-ISM Code compliant for the Safe Operation of Ships and for the Pollution Prevention
MLC 2006COMPLIANT –SALVTUG upholds international labor standards
CERTIFICATES & ACCREDITATIONS
1. RINA - Certificate of Approval Of Service Supplier
2. RINA ISO 9001-2008 Certificate
3. RINA MLC Certificate
4. SALVOR Certificate of Registration
5. OSRO Accreditation
6. QAS International ISO 9001:2008 Certificate
7. Document of Compliance
8. Safety Management Certificate
9. Underwater Certificate of MTSC Subic 2013
10. Certificate of Compliance on General Labor Standards