SAFETY AND ENVIRONMENTAL PROTECTION POLICY
It is the policy of the Company to provide a healthy and safe working condition and to maintain a safe and pollution-free operating practice that complies with the national and international regulation and relevant standards and guidelines.
The Company Safety Management Manual describes the Company’s management system for the safe operation of ships and pollution prevention. Its contents has been reviewed which indicate conformity with the requirements of the International Maritime Organization (IMO), Resolution A741 (18) – The International Safety Management Code.
Objectives of the Company:
1. Ensure safety at sea, prevention of human injury or loss of life, & avoidance of damage to the environment, in particular to the marine environment, & to property
2. Provide safe practices in ship operation & safe working environment
3. Assess all identified risks to its ships, personnel & the environment & establish appropriate safeguards
4. Continuously improve safety-management skills of personnel ashore and aboard ships, including preparing for emergencies related both to safety & environmental protection
5. Ensure compliance to mandatory rules & regulations
6. Ensure that applicable codes, guidelines, and standards recommended by the Organization, Administrations, classification societies and maritime industry organizations are taken into account.
These Objectives of the Safety Management System are achieved by the implementation and maintenance of a documented system which provides objective evidence that all operations are operating effectively.